Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summer English Camp in Tainan


I've been busy! Finished my thesis for my MA literature at NCKU - now I'm working on a new business, a summer English camp program. I've got the space at NCKU so all I need are students. Tonight I snuck around putting up posters: it's easier to put them up if you don't have to ask and if there aren't many people around. That may seem dirty but I'm counting on an aspect of Taiwanese culture, which is:

Most Taiwanese employees don't have the authority to do anything, or make decisions on their own, and the bosses aren't usually around. If they don't already have a policy on posters, and if you ask them, they'll probably say "No" or "I don't know, ask my boss" - neither is good for me. But if you put them up at night, chances are nobody is going to care enough to remove them... at least that's my theory. I put them all over Tainan city, places where young kids hang out. Let's see how long they last! BTW - the link to the camp is www.ecc-ncku.com or www.englishculture community.com

No comments: