Friday, June 19, 2009

Contemporary Art, Traditional Art, Taiwan


I'm entering Taiwan's Best Trip competition. The Taiwan government is trying to increase tourism by letting teams plan a 4 day trip - the best trip gets to actually do their itinerary, and have it paid for! Moreover, the winning team could get 1,000,000nt ($30,000 USD) to use for a 1 month long tour of Taiwan. I really wanted to go to Penghu island this summer, and my first thought was of course to go there. Penghu is so relaxing and beautiful.

But - we need to have a strong 'theme'. I don't think "I want to go to _______ and hang out and have a good time and relax" would be a winning plan, so instead I'm focusing on traditional art and contemporary art. We'll start in Meinung for paper lantern and umbrella painting. Then Tainan for woodcarving, temple decorations, antiques and puppets. Finally up to Taipei to explore the real contemporary art scene. We'll hit all the big galleries, and even make it to the ART TAIPEI 2009 fair, a huge 3-day event featuring the best galleries and artists in Asia. Of course I'm going to be promoting my own paintings as well.

Funky will come with me, as a fashion designer, so she can also do some research on shopping and style trends in Taiwan. We need your vote:

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR US!

No comments: