Saturday, August 1, 2009

Taiwan seizes cocaine-filled energy drinks!

I'm home in America (land of fat, selfish people with big houses and cars). Today I had a RockStar Sugar Free Energy Drink, which unlike most other energy drinks including Red Bull, didn't make me sick. Rock on. I have to down 5 big cups of green tea to get anywhere near the caffeine content of coffee (which gives me Migraines); my RockStar has 80mgs. Recently I've been drinking tons of CokeZero, which is basically caffeine and chemicals (and not that much caffeine, actually, around 50mgs). Additionally RockStar has 1000mg of Taurine (which may improve liver function as a free radical), lots of vitamin B's, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, Milk Thistle, and Guarana! I'm impressed.

So I tried to search and see if I can buy RockStar in Taiwan, because I'm going back next week and need a supply as a new devotee.

And in doing, I found this article.

Basically, Germany, being the healthy, discriminating EU country that it is, decided to ban "Red Bull Simply Cola," which is flavoured from decocainised coca leaves. I don't know why - but they were unconvinced that coca leaves without the cocaine were still fit for consumption.

Taiwan, and Hong Kong, hoping to jump on the band wagon, followed up by seizing a huge shipment of regular red bull - 17,165 cases Red Bull Energy Drink, valued at USD 781,000 - which doesn't have any coca leaves or anything else questionably illegal.

I found RockStar in Japan.... but so far not in Taiwan, and with the current energy drink debate, it may be awhile. Meanwhile it's 5am and I don't think I'll be able to sleep for days.

1 comment:

bathmate said...

Thank you for your nice posting.
it is really helpful to us.
such a nice topics.

Bathmate