Monday, April 9, 2007

Computer nerd



Yup, I'm a geek. I should've gone down to Kenting in my week off, spun fire, danced on the beach with a thousand girls in bikinis...but I stayed home. I watched 3 movies a day and painted quite a bit, and never left my bedroom.

A few days ago I decided I was bored with my windows XP and was thinking of upgrading to Vista - until I found out that you could get XP skins and customize your desktop to look like Vista. Cool! So, stupid me, I downloaded everything I could until my computer was coughing up blood. Usually I just 'system restore' to undo changes, but somehow, my computer would no longer turn off on command - so system restore wouldn't work! I couldn't find a way around it. Days later and about 10 reinstallations of a cracked Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, I'm stable again. I got all my programs back up and then some - take a look at my desktop! It's so clean and shiny. I've got a calendar and a to-do list that I can mark important events on, and my computer will greet me with the days schedule! I also get live feeds on the temperature outside and moon phases, and most cool of all, there's a swivel icon menu just like Mac computers have. (I'm no fan of Macs, but they are definitely nicer looking.)

And thank God I'm done. I'm pretty OCD, when I have a project or problem or something to fix or find out, I can't do ANYTHING else. I can't relax, or sleep, or eat, or go to the bathroom. Here it is 4am again, last night I didn't get to bed until 6am and then I managed to get to class at 9! But I'm starting to feel the dizziness of sleep deprivation, a lot of hours in bed is on my agenda for the rest of the week - a long with finding a job, to pay for all my shiny Palladium teeth.

No comments: