Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Poker Champion!

As we're all confined on campus during the week, a bunch of the guys have been playing poker to pass the evening hours. Last night, my fourth game, I took the big pot. 50,000wan! (50USD) I'd been borrowing money just to buy into the game, so I was able to pay back that debt and keep 10,000 for myself. Pretty exciting game, next one is Friday night. Now the other players know not to underestimate me.

Rice and meat and Kimchi for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I try to avoid the spicy stuff, but its growing on me a little. Hump day of the second week already - Summer's going quickly, but I'm having a great time here (and getting paid well for it) so I'm pretty content.

Kind of dreading Taiwan, because I've decided to work and go to school next year, but it'll be nice to put some money into savings.

No comments: