Thursday, March 29, 2007

Road Trip


I'm going crazy on a Thursday night... class was canceled today so I've been sitting at home building my websites. Getting a lot of work done but going stir crazy. I did acupuncture yesterday, got another tooth drilled this evening (I have about 6 teeth left that aren't all metal posts and porcelain) and am kind of killing time with nothing to do.

Next week is Spring Break however, and I'm taking a road trip down to Kenting. I've never driven so far on my scooter, but desperately need an adventure - besides, next week is Spring Scream, Taiwan's largest outdoor music festival. Every college student on the island will cram into the tiny beach town for 3 days; there are 3 stages which will play 24 hour music, and its a constant party. (http://www.springscream.com/)I decided to camp, so I bought a tent. I'm also packing my fire staff and my metal detector.

My bike is old and falling apart. I had the foresight to take it in for an oil change (about a month late) but while I was there the mechanic recommended I change my tires and fix some broken bits. The entire front was all bashed up and falling off also, so I bought a new one. All the work set my back about 60USD, and while it was in the shop, the mechanic let me borrow his scooter to get to work. (It always astounds me when they just let me drive off with their scooter, with no ID or paperwork or anything, even though its pretty common.)

I need a fun, distracting project - so I'm going to buy some acrylic paints and paint my scooter crazy style for the trip. Make it super cool, arsty, and attention grabbing. Check back soon for picture.

No comments: